Monday, January 5, 2009

Cravings!

I have officially figured out what my pregnancy cravings are. Lemons and Limes, which is not a surprise because that is what it was with Regie. But I also have been craving spicy. Such as jalapenos, and spicy soups and such. I had a hot dog at my in-laws a couple of weekends ago with ketchup and jalapenos and I thought I was in heaven! So I am thinking that my dream meal right now would be a hot dog with ketchup and jalapenos with a virgin margarita! Now doesn't that just sound wonderful? Or is it just me? Speaking of hot dogs I saw on a website the other day that you shouldn't eat them while you are pregnant. Is that just an old wife's tale or has any one else ever heard of that?

And because I hate to have a post without pictures here are some pictures that we took the night we found out that we were pregnant! The date was 10-13-08!





Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats again! I hope the hotdog thing is just a theory, because I have actually craved them!! I have to make a costco run every now and then to get the hot dog. I don't crave them enough to actually buy a package!

January 6, 2009 at 6:03 AM  
Blogger Misti jo said...

With Ella nothing sounded good- except ranch dressing, which I drenched all my food in (yeah- gross). This time I eat pretty much everything in sight. I liked your hotdog story though- I made Paul drive me all over the place looking for a good hotdog (with jalepenos of course)- it was truly heaven.

January 6, 2009 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Ry, Katie, Jack and Ella too! said...

Ha Ha- I actually just had to go to Costco to get a hot dog after reading about them on your blog! When I'm not pregnant I wouldn't be caught dead eating a hot dog but for some reason you talking about them made them sound delicious!

January 6, 2009 at 12:43 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Amber you are too funny. I love that you shared your craving with us and please share any others that you get.

Hot Dogs aren't bad for you when you are pregnant as long as a they are properly cooked. Apparently there is a bacteria (Listeria is the name of the bacteria) that can be found in hot dogs and deli meats. When they are cooked to 160 degrees the bacteria is killed. So you shouldn't have any problems. Some hot dogs have nitrates in them but those shouldn't be a problem if eaten in small amounts or with vitamin C. Anyway, I'm really going off on this. I read up a lot about it when I was pregnant with Lizzie because I went to have a deli sandwich at Subway and I saw a sign that recommended pregnant women have there sandwiches containing cooked meats. That made me curious and I went home and researched the subject.

January 6, 2009 at 1:08 PM  
Blogger Babydoll said...

I am so happy for you. I saw your grandma at church over the holidays and she mentioned you were pregnant. I was surprised, but I hadn't read your blog yet. Sure enough! That is so fun that you waited until Christmas to break the news to everyone. Good luck with all you need to do before baby #2 arrives. Congrats!

January 6, 2009 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Congrats!!! holy cow!!! how exciting!!!

January 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home