Friday, August 1, 2008

It's a done deal!!

It has officially been a week now. Regie no longer uses bottles!! We got rid of them last Friday night, and we haven't looked back since. I thought it was going to be hard but we just told her no more bottles and gave her a sippy cup instead. We have three different kinds of sippy cups so that she doesn't get too attached to any of them. It actually has worked out better than I could imagine. Not only did we get rid of bottles but she is eating more and drinking less. She was starting to want her bottles more than food. Especially in the morning. She use to have a bottle in the morning, before her nap, and before bedtime. It was definitely time to get rid of them!!!! Even though I didn't get it done at a year like I wanted I am glad that it is done now. She is such a good girl. She handles things much better than her mommy does.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephens Family said...

Good for you both. Shaylin is pretty attached to both bottle & binki. I need to break her also, but keep putting it off. Just be careful of the sippy. They can get just as attached to those. Riley was a major sippy boy and it was difficult. I remember him yelling at me "I want juice an a lid". LOL

August 1, 2008 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger MommaM said...

Congratulations! I'm glad it worked out so well. I can't believe how old she is getting. Wow, time flies.

August 1, 2008 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Wow, it was easy to get her off the bottle. Maybe that's because you are such an amazing Mommy!

August 4, 2008 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Babydoll said...

Good for you. I know that can be really tough. I am glad it worked out.

August 8, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home