Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend!!

I have to say that this weekend was one of the best weekends we have had in a very long time! We stayed home and did house things, relaxed, and just had fun!!! It was so wonderful to spend three full days together as a family!!

Gary suprised us on Thursday and showed up around 1:00 and said he was done working for the weekend! I was thrilled. Regie was sleeping at the time but when she woke up Gary went and got her and she was so happy!!! That night we went and suprised Jessica and Adam with some pizza and went to check out thier house! By the way it is a beautiful home!! I love it already!! All I can say is amazing!

Friday was a wonderful day also!!! We slept in, made a big yummy breakfast, and went and bought livingroom blinds!! You would not believe how much blinds help. Besides the whole privacy thing our livingroom is so much cooler now. The first one took us forever because we both wanted to do it our way and be in charge, the second one maybe took us five muntes. Funny how being a team changes everything. I think they turned out great!!
That night a friend of mine came over and we had a BBQ and ate hot dogs, hamburgers, salsa, and guacamole. We even played some games. We got to love on her little one too. I wish I had pictures of her little one because she is so beautiful, but I was doing more holding than picture taking at the time. When it was firework time we headed out a little past our back yard and watched all of the fireworks going off around us. Regie loved them. She ohh'd and ahh'd! It was so cute!







My friend Amber!!It was a wonderful night!!

On Saturday we did a lot of house work!!!! We decorated alot and got things done that we have been putting off. It was great!!


We put our mailbox in...

Made a shelf in our garage..
Decorated the house...





I made some curtains...

I made two pillows in the plaid and I am going to make some pillows out of the flower material as well as a table runner. I am debating making some curtains for the livingroom out of the flower material as well. I will have to see.
We bought a new desk and put it together! I love this desk!!! It is so perfect for our house!!!! I can't wait to finish my scrapbook room now!!!
I also finished this calender that I made. It is not hung up on the wall yet because I am not sure where I am putting it in the scrapbook room. But I love how it turned out. It will be so nice for both of us to start using, especially when school starts. That way Gary will know in advance when I am going to be stressed to the max. (Test time)

I think it all turned out......we like it. You will have to tell me what you think.

Regie played while we worked. She got new toys from her wonderful cousins, aunt, and uncle!! Thanks Jessica, Adam, Ty and Kaylie. She loves her new toys! We have to drag her back in the house to get her away from them.




Today we woke up and got ready for church. During church when everyone was singing Regie was using her hands to lead like the conductor was, and she was singing too. After the singing was done she was still singing. It was very cute! I love that girl!!

We enjoyed the rest of our day relaxing.

I have a few more pictures that I wanted to share. I took them tonight. These two have been buddies all weekend. She kept giving him loves, hugs, and squeezes. I think she was so glad to have him around more than usual. She couldn't get enough of him. I love that. If he was sitting down, she was on his lap within a few minutes. She needed some daddy time. I could watch these two play and laugh all day long.



I hope to have many more perfect weekends like this one!

Oh.... wish me luck. Tomorrow is my first day of running at 6:00 am. I am doing it with some ladies in my ward. I am not a morning person at all, but I really want to start running. I will let you know how it goes.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Your house looks great!!!! It was fun to see some more pictures! You are doing a great job, and I bet you're enjoying it so much! Good luck running, maybe you could take a lap for me! Heaven knows I need it! Love you!

July 6, 2008 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Adele said...

Oh! I love all of your decorating!! Your style is absolutely gorgeous!! And i think I have told you this before, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitchen cabinets! I am totally jealous! I have nasty honey oak in my kitchen and they were almost brand new when we bought the house! BARF!! I want to rip them out and get yours! BEAUTIFUL!!

July 7, 2008 at 6:47 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Amber you are an awesome decorating. I love all the little things you create. So talented. Please come and help me with my house.

July 7, 2008 at 8:14 AM  
Blogger Stephens Family said...

Amber, I agree with Jen. Come on over! Oh and Good Luck on the running also. I wish I could get up in the mornings also. :D

July 7, 2008 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Jensen Family said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun weekend and got so much accomplished. Your house is looking so damn cute! I love all of your cute decorations!

July 8, 2008 at 12:18 PM  
Blogger Abbie Jo! said...

I love the pictures.. and the house looks great! Looks like you guys had a very fun weekend! I can't wait to come and stay with you this weekend! First one to sleep in the new house! I love you

July 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger Andrea Hardman said...

I think the house looks great. And I love pictures of that cutie of yours. Oh, good luck with the morning thing. I used to run at 5:25 AM. I don't know what my problem was, thinking I could get up that early and still be a sane person durring the day. But I think that 6:00 is a good and sane time to be out running. Good luck. Love you!

July 9, 2008 at 2:34 PM  
Blogger Jackson's said...

You are so amazing. It all looks so good.

July 9, 2008 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Babydoll said...

Oh my goodness, miss motivated! Your house looks great. How long have you been in this house? We are house hunting right now, but it isn't going very well. I am exited to get into a house sometime though. I can't believe how crafty you are. Can I say jealous? :)

July 14, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home