Sunday, August 10, 2008

Another catch up..

Of course, I am playing the catch up game again!! But only because I have been having a wonderful time. On Wednesday evening Gary loaded up Regie and I, and the three of us headed for Pocatello. We meet Julie and David (Gary's parents) at Red Lobster and enjoyed a yummy dinner. Then Regie and I headed to Firth with the family and sent Gary back home for the rest of the week. It was planned, we were packed! I decided to come and spend sometime before school starts. Well we have been having a blast since. On Thursday after eating a yummy lunch in Idaho Falls with Erin and Addison we headed back to Firth where David was flooding the lawn. I took Regie's shoes off and she had a blast.








She had such a fun time. She loved every minute of it!!

On Friday I decided that I needed to figure out a new way of doing Regie's hair. So this is what I came up with. (I even cut her bangs myself.)




I think it turned out cute! I wasn't sure if I should do bangs or not, but her hair was hanging in her eyes almost. I thought it would be a fun change.

On Friday afternoon Erin, Toni, Julie and I painted some magnet boards. I love how they all turned out so different yet so cute! We had a fun time doing it, so fun that I didn't take any pictures during. We sat up tables outside and visited while our girls played around. It was perfect!! Here are the finished projects.

Mine:


Toni's:


Erin's:


Julie's:


I love how they all turned out. Like I said, we had a very fun time doing these. We started by painting a base coat, then we applied crackle paint, then we added our top coat. After it dried we all decorated. I can't wait to hang this in Regie's room!!

When Gary made it to town, we enjoyed the rest of the evening playing the Wii. Brandon brought it down. Gary and I both love playing the Wii. I lost at bowling. Oh well!!

On Saturday we had a girls day. Us four women headed off to Utah. We left around 7:20 and pulled into IKEA at 10:20ish. We all love that store!! We spent a couple hours there and then went and ate lunch at Thanksgiving point in the Harvest Restaurant. All I can say is that restaurant is amazing!! Very classy and we were well taken care of. It was delicious!! After lunch we headed for Park City's outlet mall. It was packed!! Lots of school shopping going on!! We shopped at Carter's, Osh Kosh, and A Child's Place. Lots of fun stores!!! We were all spent after the extra people and shopping so we headed off for dinner at Maddox's. Before we got there we stopped at a couple of fruit stands on our way. You can't beat fresh home-grown fruit!! Maddox's has amazing food!! We really enjoyed it as well. We even bought some of their yummy raspberry butter to take home with us. After a great dinner we headed off for home. I know by this time I was done! I had too much fun for one day!!! I can't wait for our next trip!!! Thanks ladies!!! Here are some random pictures of our day!!




Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Okay, I have so much to say. First off I really love Regie's new hair-do. Very cute! The pictures of her playing in the flooded yard were also cute. Also I love Ikea too, and the Park City outlets (I spent way too much there my last visit a week ago). And I will have to go try the Harvest Restaurant. I think it's fairly new and I haven't had a good excuse to go up to Thanksgiving Point in awhile. Oh and lastly, I love the magnet boards. I want one for Lizzie's room. I may be calling you for further instruction.

August 10, 2008 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Andrea Hardman said...

Wow, what a fun time. That was a lot of work and travel. I'm sad that I didn't get to see you. You were with friends but still, you were only 5 minutes from our house, darn. Regie's hair is way cute. And I tried Gary's sweet and sour chicken and it was SO good. Love you.

August 10, 2008 at 6:24 PM  
Blogger Jensen Family said...

What a fun weekend. I am so glad you have such amazing in-laws that are so great to you and your family. I love the pic of Regie in the water next to her grandpa...too cute. I am so jealous about your shopping trip I am in need of a trip like that. The magnet boards turned out awesome. You are going to love it, I love mine! Oh, and Regie's hair was ADORABLE!!

August 11, 2008 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger Babydoll said...

I love Regie's hair. And all those picture on the lawn were just gorgeous. She is such a cutie, but you are great at taking candid photos. I love it! I will be calling you tomorrow!

August 13, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home