Goals and the Potty
Okay. So I don't start school until next tuesday! (YAH!) So I am making myself some goals for the week. I would like to emphasise that I said "goals", not plans set in stone! I hope that I get them done, because I am actually very excited about them. So here are my goals for the week:
1: I would like to complete one scrapbook page per day.
2: I would like to finish my nursing reading for the first week, maybe two?
3: I would like to do one more cleaning run down on the house before school starts.
4: I would like to finish Regie's room. Which includes curtains, something artish above her crib, and a new pink satin pillow case.
Okay so that's my goal list. Wish me luck.
Now on to the potty news. Before the Christmas holiday, Regie used her potty for a whole week and a half to go #2. She liked it too! She was proud of herself and was even excited to do it! She really didn't figure out the whole #1 thing for sure. We were so very excited!! But since the holidays we haven't been so lucky. At her two year appointment the doctor warned us that this would happen, but I so badly wanted him to be wrong! She has even started to hide when she goes potty sometimes now! Darn it! Well we aren't pushing the subject so that she starts to hate it. So we still ask her frequently if she needs to use it. We even go in their and try once in awhile and before her baths. So if anyone has any helpful tips, I am all ears. I am sure it will happen when its suppose to, but it felt so close there for awhile!
Well I am off. I am going to start working on those goals!!
Labels: Goals, Parent stuff

3 Comments:
All I have to say on the potty is wait til she's ready and it will be much easier.
With all of my kids I put them on there every 15 minutes. I don't even ask them if they need to. Just pick em up and place em!! : ) also, I never used pull ups or anything either, because it seemed that if they got that REAL yucky wet feeling, it was faster to train them too. But, as the post before said, it doesn't do any good to rush her, I swear it prolongs the process, so wait till she's good and ready! Good luck!
I was the same with alma. we didn't so pull-ups. for one thing they are so expensive, and another, they are too much like a diaper. But I guess they work for some people. I got those thick underwear (gerber brand i think) so it would soak up a lot of the mess, but still let her feel it. It worked pretty well for us and saved some money! We did have to ask her often if she wanted to try to so, so she would remember. Good luck. Your little girl is so cute!! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home