Bye Bye Binki!!
So I had this great plan that at one year I would get rid of the bottle and the binki!! And I knew that it would be easy. Well it didn't happen. We traveled alot during the holidays so I just left it alone to side-step any heartache. Well she is now 16 months old and she still uses a bottle and a binki. Don't get me wrong, she ONLY gets her binki at naptime and bedtime. No other time. I love to hear her talk!! I truley hate the binki, she just is so comforted with it when she goes to sleep. But it is time to get rid of it. Well today was the day. We had talked about it for awhile but we weren't sure what we were going to do. At Jennifer's today I decided to lay her down for a nap so that I could help Jen with a few things, and I didn't have the binki. Jennifer said might as well start now. It was hard! She cried herself to sleep. And she didn't sleep for a real long time, but she did sleep. When it was time to lay her down tonight I told Gary about nap time and he said It's time! So he laid her down (without binki) and again she cried herself to sleep. Man is that hard! The hardest part is that with the binki she will go right to sleep! She will say Night Night and then fall asleep! I do know its hard because I didn't do it any earlier, but its not any easier now!! I guess we will all survive. I just hate when she is so sad!! I think the bottle will be easier, I hope anyway. She doesn't go to bed with it, its just a milk thing. But i also give her milk in sippy cups. We will have to see!
On another note, I have new pictures of our house!! They just painted primer, and our siding is all done!
Labels: Home, Parent stuff

9 Comments:
Two thumbs up for you Amber! I haven't even thought about that yet with Shaylin. It is hard, but then again it all depends on the child. Riley was way easy to break from the bottle because he loved the sippy cup sooo much. Just for that reason I have never got my kids hooked on sippy cups again because that was extremly hard to break him from. We go straight to the good old cup! :) Lots Of Luck To Ya!!!
OH how exciting on your house!! It looks so cute!
I understand about the crying to sleep. My dr told me that the child has to find a way to comfort themselves or they never will. You are doing the right thing!
That is SO hard. We made Bryce throw his away (long story) and thankfully Hyrum never wanted a binki. You are a good mommy.
Your house looks amazing! I can't wait to come up and see it. You need to e-mail me.
I am proud of you little sis! I know it is hard, but in the long run you will be glad you aren't sending your daughter to kindergarten with a binki in her mouth. :) She did great today for her nap and only cried maybe 5-10 minutes before she was asleep and that was around 1:00 and she is still asleep and it is almost 2:00. WOO HOO!!
Sounds like you are handling the whole thing really well. I never had a problem with the pacifier because Lizzie just refused to take it at three months but the bottle thing was tough for me. So good luck.
Oh and your house looks like it's coming along. I can't wait for you to move in.
Your house looks so nice! So exciting. And you are a fantastic mommy. We waited with Erika until she was 2 1/2 and that worked well for us but it has been earlier with some. And they will get through it without any scars at all. Good job, just stick to your guns. That's the hardest part.
Just hearing you talk about having to listen to Regie cry brought back so many of those feelings, made me get all teary eyed (OK so it is probably because I am a little... Ok a lot hormonally challenged at the moment). I remember that was so hard to listen to them cry themselves to sleep. But it does get easier. And it is for the best.
I am so proud of you. I know how much you hate to hear her cry. You are doing a great job.
Your house looks so awesome.
I love you so much.
Give my little sweetheart a kiss for me.
So how is the binki thing going? Has she been able to go without it? Has it gotten easier?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home