Well, the last two days I have been doing some major organizing! With help of course! Regie and Gary both helped out. It all started when I realized Regie's recent growth spurt made alot of her clothes too small very quickly. (Even her recent Christmas and Birthday clothes!) I got to looking around and she had only a hand full of clothes left that fit. But you couldn't tell with the large amount of clothes she had in her closet. So that is when I decided to put some away in storage. (I also did some shopping! I am proud to say that I bargain shopped! Between Target and Old Navy I bought her 11 shirts, 1 pair of pants, 2 pj bottoms, 1 wind outfit for $80. I was so excited!!!) Anyway, back to organizing! Here is what her old closet looked like. A couple of the outfits are for her new little sister, but everything else was clothes that no longer fit.

It was sad to go through it all! There were tons of cute things that she just didn't get to wear very much because she went from a 18-24 month to 3T in a matter of 3-4 months. Which is a pretty fast growth for her. I had bought all 2T for her birthday and Christmas. My little girl is growing too fast!!!
Here was my helper through out day one! Hiding in her favorite spot in the closet.


And playing on the top bunk!! She loves being up there!! She got up there and asked for a pillow and a blanket. It didn't last very long though! She had too much playing that needed to be done!

Here is all of the clothes that no longer fits my sweet girl!! Some of it has been well used, but most of it will be put away for the little one on the way.

All the hangers left over!

In Regie's new room, we haven't really used her closet for clothes yet. We kept them in her old room or in the laundry room on the rack. But I decided it was time to put this closet to better use! So here is the before.

Before I get to the after, I had to add a few pictures of our afternoon today. We actually played outside for a few minutes! Regie loved it! I have to say that I really loved it too!! I am so sick of being stuck in the house all day every day!! I can't wait for Spring and Summer!!!




I love this picture, she told me her hands were cold. So we started our way back in.


After we got back in (and warmed up)we finished Regie's room and closet! We even cleaned out her toy box! There were so many baby toys and things that she never used that she couldn't even see what she had in there!! But that is all fixed now!! Here is Daddy with his helper!!!



Here are the baby toys that we moved out of Regie's room and we will put them in the little ones room!!! (Fun toys, and I am sure Regie will still play with them, but it was time!)

Here is the finished project!!! YEAH for organization, and team work!!! I love it! I still want to do some more decorating in her room, but as for now, her room is organized and she now can play with all her toys!! (And I have a place to put them all away!!) By the way, I got the purple tubs and the three high storage thing at Target on sale!!! The clear tubs I got in January, but I bought them at Home Depot for a dollar each.

I have also come to realize that this baby will be here very soon, and we are not at all ready! Well, we are ready for her to get here for us but we don't have anything here ready for her!!! So today I got the 0-3 month clothes out from storage and washed all of them plus the new outfits we bought her. So here is all of her clothes clean and ready to be put away in her closet.

It was so fun to go through them. I remember my Regie girl wearing them. And now they look like doll clothes. I can't wait!!
Now all I need to do is buy more newborn diapers (we have one pack), buy new bottles, get blankets washed and ready, make a blanket (maybe), finish her closet organizing (half way there), get a bassinet, and I am sure that I am forgetting about a million things!!! But one day at a time!! So checking one thing off my list is pretty cool!!!
Well, I will leave you all with one last picture! Here is our daughter waiting "patiently" for me to come and play with her earlier tonight. I love the hands on the hips! She has been doing this and putting her hands in her pants pockets lately. It cracks me up! My 2 year old is turning into a teenager already!! Boy do we love her, attitude and all!
Oh, she has been feeling alot better today! She still has a mean cough, and she threw up a few times yesterday, but she is her old self again!! Thank heavens!! I missed her voice and her attitude!!!
Labels: Baby, Family Time, House duties, Outside, Parent stuff, Regie Pics, Shopping
4 Comments:
Good job on all the organizing- feel free to head on over to my house now that you're done at yours! You sound more prepared for a baby than I am and mine will be here in less than 10 days!!! I better get off the computer and get busy!
Wow! Way to go. I am a big fan of organization. I am glad that you were able to get so much done. And glad that Regie is feeling better.
She's so cute. I remember Erika rolling her eyes for the first time at about this age. I can't wait to get into my house and get organizing. It's one of my favorite activities. I can happily leave the kitchen floor a mess if there's a closet to organize! It looks like you had some fun. Good for you. Talk to you soon.
Everthing looks so good. We had to do the same thing with Lizzie's cothes and toys. I love all the cute pictures of Regie and I loved that she helped you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home