Monday, March 2, 2009

Four twelves and mean people!!

Well, I survived! This last week I worked four twelves for my preceptorship. And boy oh boy do my feet and back hurt! I am loving it though! I love my preceptor, I love the floor I am working on, and I love being a nurse! I can't wait to start working part time when I graduate. Only a few more months!! Can I get a Whoo Hoo!!! I also got me a new pair of shoes that have worked great! Regie girl and her daddy did alot of hanging out the last three days. And I think they both loved it!! She has become even more of a daddies girl. But you can't blame the girl, he is a pretty awesome daddy!


On to the scary news. I went last Tuesday to get my nursing picture taken for the program, and I realized later that night that I couldn't find my debit card. I hadn't gone or done anything else but go to the studio and then home, but it was no where to be found. I was going to cancel the card but I kept thinking that I just miss placed it and that it would show up. Well, on Friday Gary got a call, while I was working, from US Bank. They said that they found my debit card in front of an ATM downtown. They thought I must have dropped it there. Gary told them that I had not gone to the ATM and that I had lost my card. So they canceled it right away and checked to see if any purchases had been made. We are very lucky that nothing was done. Someone had tried to get money from the ATM but couldn't figure out my pin. Boy do I feel lucky, and very mad!! People are stupid and just plain mean. But I sure learned my lesson!!! I will be calling right away if I can't find my card!!! I just thought I would share my scary story so everyone could learn from my mistake!! And also realize that there ARE really mean people out there no matter how badly I want to believe the opposite!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger ~L said...

That's scary. I had my wallet stolen at the Wayside a couple of years ago, and cancelled everything. It's such a pain. My problem was, I had a bunch of cash in my wallet since it was right before Christmas. Anyway, a year later, someone took it into the police station and claimed they found it at the WalMart parking lot, but they wouldn't leave a name or anything...everything but the cash was still in it. I hate things like that.

March 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger Adele said...

Oh wow! Scary!! I'm glad you got your card and nothing bad happened! Whew! So, 4-12 hr shifts, huh?? Those are hard. When I first started working after I graduated, I was working 7 nights on and then 7 nights off- 5 of my seven nights were 12 hour shifts and the other 2 were 8 hour shifts. Talk about burnt out after 7 straight nights working! But the 7 off were wonderful!!

March 3, 2009 at 10:23 AM  
Blogger Jensen Family said...

I am so proud of you girl and I for sure have a WOO HOO for you! Crazy about your card. I remember talking to you the day you couldn't find it, but you didn't know the rest of that yet. I lost mine that same day but luckily found it the next day.

March 3, 2009 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

It also surprises me that people can be so rude and thoughtless toward others. I'm glad they weren't able to charge anything on your card. It was so good talking to you yesterday.

March 6, 2009 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Babydoll said...

Yeah. Too bad that there really are people out there like that. I am so happy you are loving nursing so much. You better after all the hard work put in, right? Congrats on making it through a long week.

March 6, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home